22 Reason to Use Arginine
Citrus Berry Mixed Berry Grape
- It is thousand times more powerful than any naturally occurring antioxidant in the body. Arginine's antioxidant properties support various body systems and may protect against heart disease, stroke, cancer, and diabetes, as well as slowing premature aging.
- It offers wide-ranging cardiovascular support, including controlling blood pressure and plaque formation. Nitric oxide keeps arteries relaxed and pliable for normal blood pressure, preventing hypertension and angina.
- It enhances memory, particularly long term memory, and may help to reverse the effects of dementia and Alzheimer's disease.
- It boosts human growth hormone (HGH) production which has anti-aging properties.
- It enhances communication of messenger cells between nerves and the brain.
- It may help improve immune function and fight bacterial infections.
- It may help in the treatment and prevention of diabetes since many disease complications including poor circulation and blindness, and vascular in nature. Arginine is also found to regulate insulin secretion in the pancreas.
- It may inhibit the division and proliferation of cancer cells.
- It may help with cholesterol control by lowering serum and LDL cholesterol levels.
- It enhances male sexual performance by treating vascular erectile dysfunction (ED).
- Its anticoagulant abilities reduce clotting to lower heart attack and stroke risk.
- It reduces pregnancy-related hypertension, a risk factor for both the expecting mother and the unborn child.
- It is useful in the treatment of asthma by opening pulmonary pathways for easier breathing and the treatment of lung disorders.
- It relaxes hypertonic sphincter muscles, preventing and healing hemorrhoids.
- It boosts lean muscle mass and preserves bone density by encouraging HGH production which leads to a reduction in fatty tissue. Because of these properties, it may be useful in weight management and strength training.
- It can help offset cardiovascular and lung damage caused by tobacco use since nitric oxide levels in smokers are less than half of those found in non-smokers.
- It helps to accelerate wound healing and post surgery recovery. Research has shown its useful in treating burn wounds and stimulates wound healing in the elderly.
- It may be useful in enhancing athletic performance due to its ability to boost exercise tolerance, its beneficial effect on the lungs, and its effect on HGH levels, which helps with building lean muscle tissue.
- It may be used to improve the function of the prostate.
- It may prevent and possibly reverse the effects of osteoporosis by positively affecting bone mass.
- It has been used in the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome and to reduce the occurrence of ulcers - especially stress-related - without affecting gastric acid production.
- It may improve renal function and slow the progression of renal disease and age-related chronic renal failure. Arginine's protective effect on the kidneys may also benefit those with diabetes.